500 new students, 3 new professors and 4 new staff members
With the start of the academic year, USI warmly welcomes all new students and three new professors: Daniela Mondini, Assistant Professor of Art History, Michael Gibbert, Full Professor of Marketing, and Alberto Plazzi, Assistant Professor of Finance, who began their activities this month. We also have the pleasure to welcome 4 new staff members: Diana Corica and Danijela Milicevic, both Administrative Secretaries, Michele Gandolfi, Trainee, and Cristina Saporiti, Program Manager of the Executive Master in Business Administration.
Various information stands dedicated to new students will be set up in Lugano (for the full first week of the academic year) and Mendrisio (Monday, the 27th and Tuesday, the 28th of September).
MENDRISIO - VENICE
Biennale and Academy of Architecture arm-in-arm
The 12th International
Architecture Exhibition has awarded the Silver Lion (Leone d'Argento) for a promising young participant of the Exhibition to Kersten Geers, who has taught Design Studio at the Academy of Architecture since 2009. Two other architects who graduated recently in Mendrisio were also present in Venice: Romina Grillo and Liviu Vasiu; both prepared the Romanian
Pavilion (Padiglione della Romania). Additionally, the work of the 1st year students, under the guidance of Riccardo Blumer, are featured at the Culture_Nature exhibition. It bears repeating that since 2004, Marco Müller has successfully directed the Venice Film Festival. Finally, Bice Curiger, who taught contemporary art at the Academy, will curate next year's International Art Exhibition.
- Today, the Institute of Computational Science of the Faculty of Informatics will be introduced to the media. Journalists and the greater public will be able to meet all the professors and better understand the many activities of the new Institute. The Institute’s work on various fronts in the scientific context holds great potential for USI and for all of the Italian-speaking area of Switzerland. Read the press kit.
- Lorenzo Cantoni has taken the office of new Dean of the Faculty of Communication Sciences starting this month. He is joined by Prof. Francesco Lurati and Prof. Andrea Rocci as Vice-Deans.
- Monday, September 20th,
11.30 AM to 2.30 PM
Photo shoot , "Ritratti Metropolitani" (“A portrait of modern society”). Project by Matteo Fieni, student of the Faculty of Communication Sciences. Photos will be made available here soon.
- Wednesday, September 22nd, 8:15PM
The Passenger (Professione Reporter) by Michelangelo Antonioni (1975)
Film screening with commentary by Marco
Aula Magna, Palazzo Canavée Campus di
- Thursday, September 23rd, 7:30PM
MAD. Exhibit on the Teaching Activities of the Academy of Architecture
Inaugural conference by Aurelio Galfetti
Aula Magna, Palazzo Canavée, Mendrisio campus
- Friday, September 24th, 1:30PM to 5PM
Afternoon of study dedicated to social policies between the Canton Ticino and Lombardy
C0.61, Palazzo Canavée Campus di Mendrisio